7.13.2011

Bird landlord

The other week my dad called from Michigan while he was at the hardware store buying birdhouse-making-things.
He asked if he built one and mailed it to me, would I paint it somehow and mail it back? After responding with a stiff cocktail of 'of course' and 'duh,' he built it and tracked it with great scrutiny as it was imported to California, and it arrived today!

I have a visceral desire to paint it to look like a house-house, but maybe a pattern or a stencil could be cool? Could I wrap it in something? Or now I'm imagining buying dollhouse-sized trees and windows and stuff and doing an insanely to-scale, 3D type deal.

On a bird note, my old room at the front of the apartment has a tree outside the window that's straight up cute-infested with humming birds four months out of the year. Really good bird-neighbors. But now, I moved to the back room a month ago and the neighbor's bird feeder hangs three feet from my new window. The birds in the backyard, seriously, chew SO loudly it's insane. If they think this is for them, they are sadly mistaken.
Maybe if they learn to chew more politely, but only maybe then.



No comments:

Post a Comment